Friday, October 9, 2009

The Wrap up

There are some times when you just feel... right. I love those times. They take a different form for everyone. For me, those times often seem to coincide with laughter. Not just laughter because something was funny, but laughter because you're happy. It's the kind of laughter where you're pretty sure if you could see your soul, it would have a great big smile on it. I just feel so good. Sure, there's a lot of crap going on, and there are a lot of questions without answers (everything having to do with jobs/money/careers), but when you have nights like tonight it all disappears. I am so blessed to have someone in my life who helps me to have so many more 'just right' nights than I would normally hope for.

It's amazing how something as simple as the fun ending to a conversation can show you how great life is; it can turn your heart around. There are so many things; so many little things... things that can make all the difference... but only if you let them. You just have to let yourself flow in the ocean. It would be so easy to get on a set path and progress along it unaffected only to miss out on countless opportunities to find joy and learning. But to slow down and read all the signs at the zoo, to make a comparison, is to embrace life. It is allowing everything you encounter to change you in some way. Yet again, I find myself preaching and being somewhat of a dork. I guess I just love life. Or to quote Kasey Butler, I'm celebrating life! It has so much to offer, but only if you take the time to let the little things make it all... just right. I feel good. I'm happy. So happy.

2 comments: